September 17, 2011

We live in a Photoshopped World

I came across this video today that made me reflect a lot on various issues, some of them contradicting my own profession.

Take a look at the video below before I go further


See the thing is, we live in a photoshopped world. Everything around us has been photoshopped in one way  or another to attract people's attention. I am not implying only on the software Adobe Photoshop. I mean EVERYTHING has been altered into something a person would want to see because the world gets attracted to unusual or extraordinary things.

The news channels show people content they think will bring more viewers, hence they alter the truth.

Fashion and cosmetic industries use several techniques to make their models 'more beautiful,' hence altering people's perception of beauty.

All this is done because of competition, money and popularity, which is fine to a certain extent, but when it reaches a point where it affects a person's self esteem (in terms of beauty) or leads to conflicts (in terms of propaganda in news channels), it can be quite damaging.

This is a practice that has gone out of control. Being part of the Advertising industry myself, I personally retouch, transform and manipulate pictures when I have to, and I do that on my Youtube channel in form of tutorials. Considering this is a field of selling, it is fine as long as it doesn't completely alter the truth.

I also feel it is our parents' responsibility to ensure that we grow up focused on other important things instead of obsessing over beauty.

The pictures below shocks me tremendously:

The image above shows a woman injecting her 15yr old daughter with Botox to prevent wrinkles in the future. The mother herself has spent over £500,000 on cosmetic surgeries.

The image above is of a Russian girl who endeavors to become a human barbie.

And last but not the least,
Plastic Surgery gone wrong!

Remember guys, without all the makeup, 'photoshopping', cosmetic surgeries, packaging etc we are all perfect as we are. Embrace your inner beauty and be proud of yourselves. Nobody looks like that naturally. Never compare yourselves to what you see in various media and take extreme measures to look like that in reality.

I apologize for the long post, just felt the need to share my views.
Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog