September 13, 2011

Vector Shoe Rendering using the Gradient Mesh Tool in Adobe Illustrator

So I got bored one day and decided to render this shoe using the Gradient Mesh tool in Adobe Illustrator (My all time favorite tool!). It came out pretty well so I thought of sharing with you all.

 The original image has been taken from here

 Pretty realistic eh? This is why I love the mesh tool. Brings everything to life in vector form!

If you want to know how to use this tool, you can watch my tutorials on Youtube by clicking here and here.

The series of images below show the original, wireframe and final vector outcome of the shoe.


You know what? This has really inspired me to make  other shoe designs of my own! Let's see how far that goes :)

Till my next post, take care everyone!

2 comments:

  1. hello! i would like to know how you made the wireframe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Well, I just took a screenshot of the wireframe from the outline preview in Illustrator (Command+Y) for this post as it is created automatically while using the mesh tool. I am not exactly sure how to get the black and white wireframe vector using the gradient mesh tool, but if you are using the 3D option in AI to create your 3D images, then you can always select wireframe under the "surface" options. (Open Adobe Illustrator > Effects > 3D > Extrude & Bevel/Revolve/ Rotate > Surface > Wireframe). Hope this helps :)

      Delete

Search This Blog