September 14, 2011

Designing Logos

Last night, I randomly had an idea to experiment with the image of an eagle and use it to design a logo.

I initially had no concept, which is a shame, but as I worked on the logo, I got a few ideas where this logo could possibly be used.

I searched an image from the net, traced it out into a silhouette using Adobe Illustrator, and then using a few Illustrator techniques, wrapped it around another image I designed of a globe.

Below is how it turned out.
Eagles in my opinion represent power, freedom, focus (because of their powerful vision)
This logo could therefore represent an organization dealing with global empowerment of people, hence enabling freedom,  achievement of goals and power.

I used red as it is the colour of movement, excitement and energy, which suits the eagle perfectly. 
The blue in the globe, adds contrast to the red and makes it more prominent as a globe. 

I find it fascinating how any object or element we come across in our daily life can turn into inspiration if we keep our minds open. 

If interested in a tutorial on this, let me know via comment, email  (designaholism@gmail.com) or  Facebook and I will be glad to make one for you.

For business enquiries, please email me at the address above.
Have a great day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog