October 6, 2011

Angelina Jolie Portrait using Mesh Tool in Adobe Illustrator

Hello all, as you know, I am really interested in exploring the Gradient Mesh Tool in Adobe Illustrator, and although I am not a pro at it yet, I try to challenge myself as much as possible so that with practice I can get better.

This time I decided to make a Mesh Tool portrait of Angelina Jolie's beautiful picture. I can't say I got it perfect, but I think am pretty close.

Here's the original image:

And here's my final.

I have skipped the details on the hands for now, as I wanted to focus mainly on the face. I feel there are still a few things missing in this image, a few minor things that add to her beauty, one day I will fix that hopefully.

For those interested to see the making of this image in video, I will be uploading it on Youtube tomorrow, and will post the video here as well.

Below is the before and after of the image together with the wireframe preview.

This rendering took me 4 hours to do. I spent an hour on it everyday since Sunday.
Hope you like it!
Feel free to give your comments and suggestions! :)

Don't forget to Like my page on facebook and to Subscribe to my channel on Youtube!

Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Youtube online face, I see you baking video tutorial, I would like to know, this video is recording what software.Can you share with this software?
    m785887730Gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Sorry for the awfully late reply. I just noticed your comment now. I use Quicktime Player to record the on-screen activity then I edit the video using a video editing software. I used to record using Camtasia before; it works quite well as well.

      Delete

Search This Blog